Thread: Apple Watch
View Single Post
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2014-09-13, 13:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses View Post
You indirectly bring up an interesting point.... will Apple sell bandless Apple Watches for Rev 2, Rev 3, and so on? How much value will Apple attach to the basic band that it comes with?

Why spend money on a band when replacing your Apple Watch if you already spent money on a beautiful band when you bought your first Apple Watch?
I suppose they could keep the band interface the same like they did with he 30 pin connector for a decade. I also strongly suspect that there are already several goldsmiths pondering band designs that will make the price of the Watch Edition look like chump change. And they would probably hate to melt down their masterpieces every two years, even though it would mean a steady business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
Which explains why cheap watches thrive while high end expensive watches have disappeared, and...

Oh wait. The other way happened.

The Watch is getting attention from *watch people*, not just tech people. Can't say I've ever seen that before in a smart watch. Apple isn't going for the Moto360 crowd here. They're going for the Prada / Rolex crowd. $1200 is a pittance in those circles for a wrist device.
Well, that's how I see it. I wouldn't dare to presume the rest of the word did the same. Then there would hardly be any goldsmiths at all.