Thread: iMac 2021
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-04-20, 12:45

I'm thinking we're getting a good sneak peak at future MacBook Pro. Perhaps not the colors, but just the overall look, shaping, little touches, etc.

All the original fruit colors, plus banana.

It is cool that they included a non-color option. So everyone can be happy...those screaming for color, and those not.

They all look good, but they never stayed still long enough in that video to get a super good look. Can't wait until the site is updated.

So are the three extra color options + 8-core (vs. 7-core) graphics the difference between the two? I hope the BTO RAM pricing has been tweaked (downward), but I know better than to hold my breath on that.

I said yesterday I'd never buy an orange (or any color computer again). I probably still wouldn't, but these look way nicer than I ever thought they would.

Holy hell...not only are they complicating their manufacturing/shipping/warehousing lives by doing the iMac itself in seven colors (which I never would've predicted), they're adding to that with the peripherals being the same. They must have some system in place to make this easy/manageable. I would've assumed the mouse and keyboards just come in the one color, as always.

They're really done a throwback to 1998 in some ways, huh? Those jellybean iMacs had matching keyboards and mice too, you'll recall. I would've never guessed they'd go that far. Just watch...mixing/matching/combining will become a thing...yellow iMac, orange keyboard, red mouse, etc. People will be posting their iMac setups to social media, with all the mixing of colors.