View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2016-03-23, 18:06

Wow...it's pretty bad out there. Poor DC/WB, can't seem to hit their stride.

What kills me is how many chances they're going to give Zack Snyder. Man of Steel didn't set the world on fire in any way, this Batman v Superman seems to be following directly in its path and he's slated to start filming on the Justice League movie shortly.

Seriously?

Pardon the crude analysis (and a nod to Pacino's Ricky Roma in Glengarry Glen Ross)...but who is Snyder nephew to in Hollywood? Whose dick is he sucking on at WB?!

Hollywood is famous for firing or yanking directors from projects after just single misstep or less-than outing. People typically don't get one more chance to the drop the ball with high-profile, tentpole projects, let alone 2-3. That this guy appears to have crapped the bed twice for WB/DC with such major, iconic characters/properties (and is apparently gearing up for a third go) blows my mind.

If this current one tanks and really underperforms, I expect a press release within a week or two to the effect of "an exhausted Zack Snyder has decided to hand over the reins to the upcoming Justice League movie to another director, in order to recharge his batteries and spend some much-needed time with his family." [translation: they canned his butt before he completely wrecked the joint and sunk all their plans].

Yikes.

That's amazing. We've all seen what usually happens if directors lay an egg (others are brought in, the studio goes in a different direction, etc.).

But not this guy. They hand him the keys to the DC/JLA universe and just letting him take a public pee all over it I guess.

From what I've read about this movie, it sounds like a bunch of people at WB (and, oddly, DC) don't know WTF Superman and Batman are supposed to be/do, big picture, anyway. So it could very well be a joint, group effort in incompetency, point-missing and cluelessness. But any meddling suits won't get the blame, of course. Snyder will be the face of it all and the fall guy (if they want to go that route).

Kinda makes me wonder if Jon Peters is still in the mix...demanding giant spider sequences, Superman fighting some polar bears, gay robots, etc.? Sounds like he could be. You're an L.A. hairdresser who ends up putting it to Barbra Streisand, eventually landing you in a position to produce (butcher?) big-budget Hollywood movies. How amazing is that?!

Don't tell me the American dream isn't alive and well!

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2016-03-23 at 18:21.