View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2019-11-22, 17:20

So what's the real-life, on-the-street word/assessment on Catalina? The machine I'm on currently (early-2013 13" Retina* MacBook Pro) supports Catalina, but Mojave is running really well on this and I'm just not looking to throw a wrench into things. Am I better just holding what I got and waiting until after the holidays (and a few point updates, to shake out anything needing shaking out)?

I'm current (13.2.3) on my iPhone, and it and this Mojave-based MBP are talking together just fine. Maybe I just answered my own question...don't rock the boat, Paul

I've checked the 64-bit stuff and the only two things that show up as "no" when I look at Applications in my System Report/Information are InkServer (v10.9) and quicklookd32 (v5.0), both showing "obtained from" Apple. There is nothing listed in the Legacy field. As it stands now, the only third-party application on this is MacTracker, which I always keep around for quick, handy reference. Everything else on this machine is Apple-based, and all of it - except for the two things above - is 64-bit. Any day now, I'll have Affinity Designer (and maybe Photo) installed, but I know they're Catalina-compatible.

Are there just any super-good reasons to - or NOT to - upgrade to MacOS Catalina, here at the tail-end of November 2019? Who here is on Catalina, and what are your thoughts? Who here isn't, and why? I was always a first-day adopter on OS X and iOS releases, but I haven't been that way for a few years now. And I've fallen behind in recent years on OS X/MacOS releases (my old, recently-departed iMac could only go to El Capitan, so I missed out completely on Sierra and High Sierra) and only have about 6-7 days on Mojave.

My gut says to just sit tight, stay with what's working...I've gone this long not being on the latest, current MacOS, so what's the hurry? Eight days ago, I was on El Capitan...