View Single Post
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2005-04-21, 11:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs
Some things about Create I like (the OS X toolbar and clean look of the document window, even the drawer isn't bad). What throws me is how the main palettes are just crammed to the gills with stuff, and also use way too many bevel buttons instead of the flatter, more subtle variety available in IB.
That's been a very common critique about the bevel buttons. I'm in agreement on that, certainly. I'm also in favor of adopting some disclosure triangles in some cases where is maybe too much info, but are there particular cases where you think a palette has too much stuff right now? Are you thinking of the inspector panes?

Quote:
In general I think some of the icons used with the buttons and toolbars could be a bit more subtle, Maybe use less saturated colors and have them be a tad smaller. There is a lot of visual distraction with the way Stone's palettes and modal dialogs are laid out IMHO. It's like a whirlwind of aqua glass and colorful icons and tabs. Gets frustrating.
Funny, because I tend to agree, which you can probably see by the few icon I did in Create: Page layers, Master Layers, Page Thumbnails icons in the toolbar, and a couple of others. But Stone got a lot of requests for more distinct and "fun" icons. Really.

Quote:
They should also be accessible from something akin to Adobe's Window menu, where you can quickly turn palettes on or off.
We're sort of using the toolbar now for this. Most of its icons are for toggling palettes on or off.

Quote:
Anyway I submitted some feedback and if you want I'd be happy to test out some future version if he / you thinks that would be useful. More than happy to actively help and not just talk, IOW.
Thanks for submitting your feedback! Though, at this point, unless it's volunteer work, I don't know if Andrew has the resources for more help. I'm basically a volunteer myself.

Amorph was tinkering with Create some time ago, and I passed along his comments too. With iMaginator coming online, even though it has its own refinements that need to be made (I will get to some of the buttons in the settings area, though Apple has some of its own refinement to do too there), hopefully we can get back onto improving Create. I was supposed to be doing some new clipart and page templates, though I don't know if I'll ever get around to doing things like Chicago or MLA style templates.