View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-04-16, 04:13

I guess there’s really not much to say about it, as it’s pretty much what everyone expected/wanted. It’s basically a repeat of 2016...the processor and storage capacity of the current flagship models, in the smaller body of a previous-generation design, and lacking some of the cutting-edge, high-end features/capabilities of the pricier flagship models (which many people won’t care about/miss anyway).

In other words, an iPhone for the rest of us. Anyone doing much squawking about this or that “shortcoming” of this model is just missing the point (the way some did in 2016).and obviously aren’t this model’s target user. Apple has three other models to satisfy your demands and expectations.

You’re not gonna get the world for $399. That’s just not how it works. In Appleville, The World starts at $699, and goes up from there. Way up. Many of us, however, are quite happy with a Respectable Chunk of the World for a reasonable $399*

Apple, thankfully, hasn’t forgotten about us. Not yet, anyway.

*As before, I plan to purchase it outright (I can do that easier with $400 than $700+), knowing it’ll be a four-year - at least - device, and super easy to justify as worth $100/year of steady, sometimes heavy, daily use). Easily the best bang-for-the-buck in Apple’s lineup, IMO. I honestly have zero complaints about this release (shocking, I know). It’s everything I expected and wanted, based on history (and being a realist). They didn’t get chintzy on the processor, storage, display, etc. like they could have. And best of all, they kept it a the $400 mark. A total replay of everything they did right in 2016. With the new Air, and now this, Apple’s made a couple of decisions very easy for me in 2020..

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-04-16 at 04:52.