Thread: New 13" MBP
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-05-04, 15:07

Well, that too.

But if they insist on keeping those $1,299 and $1,499 models, then my idea in the last two paragraphs of my previous post would work. It simply reflects reality, and what's already in place, better than the current naming/pricing structure.

But the easiest is indeed Air and Pro, with generous BTO for each to properly cover the space from $999 to the mid-$2,000's (for those who want a powerful-as-possible 13" and would never consider the 16" under any circumstances).

And if it ever went that route, I'd also be okay with the "Air" designation eventually removed and then you just have two simple tiers (and designs) of Apple notebook: MacBook and MacBook Pro.

You know, the way it should be already...

Do you want an affordable, lightweight and "friendly" tapered wedge that meets the needs of most of the population, or do you require something with a bit more under the hood for the more demanding work you do? Give it some thought and reach for your wallet accordingly.

The "Air" designation means less and less as the years roll on, IMO. Just call it MacBook and let it be known that's what you buy when you've got $1,000 to $1,500 to spend (and you're not a filmmaker, 3D animator or professional photographer).