View Single Post
Engine Joe
Going Strange...

2005-06-27, 16:56

Argh. I'm not saying that people don't have reasons to want 1080p + screens!

Yeesh!

All I'm saying is people doing work other than HD video - now follow me here - don't necessarily need that scale of resolution. If you're working with standard definition video, having a screen that has more than 1080 lines of resolution will do you no good. You can have it if you want it, but you don't need it.

The person said you are fine with 20" screens so long as you don't make money off your system. That is patently untrue - I make money off my system as a musician, and having 1080+ is unnecessary. That was all I was trying to point out - that the statement was overbroad. Note the examples I used (even in the part you quoted). There are plenty of professional applications for using computers that don't require 1080p HD. Just as there are plenty that do.

Can we drop this now? It's a totally tangental discussion to the point of this thread, and frankly it sounds more like a communication issue amongst the posters than an actual substantive debate.

(edit: added smiley because I meant this concilatorially and in reading it back I realized it actually sounded fairly exhasperated)

Last edited by Engine Joe : 2005-06-27 at 17:07.