View Single Post
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2007-11-07, 01:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
For Tennessee:

• It is illegal to use a lasso to catch a fish.

• In Dyersburg, it is illegal for a woman to call a man for a date glad I don't live in that festering, backwards hell-hole of a so-called town

• In Bristol it is illegal for a woman to stop in the street to adjust, straighten or pull up her stockings.

• In Memphis it is illegal for a woman to drive a car unless there is a man either running or walking in front of it waving a red flag to warn approaching motorists and pedestrians. As it should be [ducks from objects thrown by Carol, xionja, etc.]

• In Tennessee it is illegal to shoot any game other than whales from a moving automobile. well, seeing as how we're LAND-LOCKED...what, did someone try this and succeed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Here in Tennessee...

• It is illegal to use a lasso to catch a fish (but you can put a saddle on them, so go figure)
• In Dyersburg, it is illegal for a woman to call a man for a date (apparently Chattanooga as well, if my social calendar is any indication)
• In Memphis restaurants, it is illegal to give any pie to fellow diners. It is also illegal to take unfinished pie home. All pie must be eaten on the premises.
• Also in Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself; "a man must walk or run in front of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists."

I'm not touching that last one...the 'Nova female population is growing, and I don't want them all out to get me!

Hmm 3 out of 5 isn't bad!