View Single Post
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2010-01-27, 14:38

Can someone please explain to me how this God-forsaken technology works? I've set up my account successfully, changed the background, started following select people, have a few followers, have Tweeted successfully. What I DON'T understand is how this concept of "Reply" and "Retweet" work, or why I'd want to do one vs. the other from a "get the right people to notice me" standpoint.

Retweeting it seems is a way to draw people from your Tweet page, to a blog, another tweet page or something outside the tweetsphere that interests your followers. Retweets ONLY show up on MY tweet page right, not followers?

Replying seems like it should be obvious, but when I go to a person I'm following and who's following me and I "reply", it takes me back to my page and replies but doesn't show up on their page. WTF is the point of that? So everyone has to go to every other person they follow to see if someone commented on one of their tweets? That's fucking retarded (if I'm understanding it right). Please help. I want to quit this POS system so badly but I know it's important to business so... you know... help a brother out.

...into the light of a dark black night.