View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2010-06-23, 20:09

OK, I hope I don't offend people by saying this, but there is something undeniably creepy about hearing small children randomly break out into super-dedicated hymns.

It's like, no. Don't sing about how you're giving Deity X your soul when you're seven and have no idea what you're saying. I hate kids, but if you're seven, you're not a wretched sinner who needs to be redeemed by the blood (!) of Deity X, you're a kid. You're not supposed to give your life to Deity X. You're not supposed to be a soldier for Deity X, or a mindless tool for His will. You're seven. You're supposed to, idunno, play hopscotch or something, or watch the shitty cartoons that will make a big-screen comeback twenty years from now, so you have the proper nostalgia then.

And if you're a parent, don't make your kid sing those sorts of songs. It's depressing. If you don't see why, replace Deity X above with Deity Y, the satanic one that you hate. See how much more sinister they all sound? Kids should not be programmed to sing that Deity Y is their everything before they have any idea what they're saying, or that Deity Y is their potter and that they are merely clay. It's sick. I "get" that you think your Deity is the right one, just like everyone else does, and that you think your kids just sound so angelic when they sing His praises, but stop. They have no idea what they're saying.

I just really love music, and I hate hearing it used to ruin people.

Jack out.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong