View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2010-06-28, 18:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Dear Subway,

You cannot hire people with OCD and then schedule them to work the 5:00-7:00 rush-hour/evening dinner shift. It's a cruel trick on all involved. The place is enough of a zoo then as it is, so having someone take 3-5 minutes to dress each of stacked-and-racked 8-10 sandwiches in front of me is pretty much a no-go.

If the people eating the things don't care about the tomatoes lining up within 2mm tolerance, or there being an even number of pickles and olives spaced just perfectly around the perimeter so as to contrast beautifully with the deep amber tones of the bread and provide an obstacle course to squirt the sauce around, then the employee certainly shouldn't concern themselves with such matters. Throw on some veggies, squirt a few things, wrap it and go!

It's fast food. If I want to wait 30 or so minutes for something to eat, I'll drive out to the mall and go to Outback or Chili's for dinner.

I've never stood in a Subway line for half an hour, but I now know what it's like. And it pretty much sucks. I felt really bad for 6-8 people behind me. If they get home in time for the 11:00 news, it'll be a miracle.

Yours in tuna,
Paul
Aww.

Maybe they were new? Also, Subway did just start tessellating their cheeses. So maybe that threw off the sandwich-maker-person?

Or maybe they were just OC. I could never again work in fast food, for pretty much that exact reason. (That and the meat preparation thing. And the low pay, and the pressure, and the way everybody looks down on you ).

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong