View Single Post
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2020-03-26, 19:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
I noticed that too. No bling in the name.

So I really have a problem with privacy going out the window because of a sickness. How likely is the government going to rescind the power they gain? Once it is gone we (citizens) will likely never get it back.

Sure I want no one ever to get sick and possibly die, but I don't think giving up our essential liberties and freedoms in the name of safety is the real answer. It's knee jerk and power grabbing while the grabbing is good. Hasn't anyone watch Palpatine take control of the senate and the Empire?
I haven't been paying much attention to US politics lately, it so bad that it just gets boring after a while, is it really going that far? Given the US leaderships governing style it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the guy tries to use it as an excuse to make himself president for life or something.

I mean some people do seem to have comprehension problems understanding what quarantine means, so tracking those who disregard it repeatedly is somewhat reasonable. These orders come from our health offers (health experts who are not elected), not politicians though, so it is somewhat different here. I know our government in Canada tried to pull something earlier this week, in regard to what was essentially a power play, and the opposition parties shut them down faster than you can say boo. Then again, our government has yet to declare a federal state of emergency, because they don't feel it isn't needed at this point.