Thread: Wwdc 2022
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-06-06, 13:49

It's completely the opposite of what any sensible person would expect at this point.

I guess that's just how it's going to be.

Also, how weird/potentially confusing is it now with the $1,299 MacBook Pro with an M2, while the $1,999+ ones are M1 (I know all the variants, but I'm just looking at this through the eyes of normal people who don't get into the weeds over such stuff, or hang out at places like this).

It just seems needlessly confusing. All the things that made those new 14" and 16" models jump up $200 in price and earn the "Pro" title - the size increase, the new (old) ports, etc. - aren't part of that $1,299 model. To me, that $1,299 13" model sits perfectly between the Air and Pro...in price (a little more so, prior to today), performance. It should have its own name to properly reflect that. To anyone. Because it's not an Air. And it's certainly not a Pro, in that way Apple is now defining their pro notebooks.

I guess they have their reasons, but I don't think it's really helping anyone or making things as simple and clear-cut as they could be. This is now about the fourth or fifth opportunity they've had to tweak/address that. They just don't, for whatever reason.

PS - Once you see Tim's jimmy leg, you can't unsee it.

PS #2 - That closing shot/zoom-out of Apple HQ, time-lapsing from daylight to dark, was really slick. I guess that's just a really slow drone with the time-lapse camera feature turned on? Or maybe just a boatload of CGI?

Oh well. Good presentation, some neat stuff. I guess the Mac Pro is still in the pipeline somewhere. They didn't say a single word about it, did they?