View Single Post
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2022-10-06, 23:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
My actual though is something like this with the military. Readiness is a big thing and stoned military is, well, bad. Right now it is easy to have a zero tolerance policy because federally it was illegal. What now?

This is going to be interesting to see how it shakes out.
Is drunkenness not the exact same issue as being stoned for a military person? It's still an impairment. Use alcohol and be drunk on duty = get punished, but use alcohol when off duty and be fine. Having a beer at home has never been forbidden for the military (well post Prohibition) and likewise marijuana shouldn't be treated any different. Same laws against drunk driving should apply. Etc. I see 0 reason for them to be treated differently.

I'm one of those "moderation in things" people - I will drink the beer and mead my roommatr brews at home, and try a few hard ciders and bourbons / whiskeys. Never more than 2 drinks a week and it's usually when I just want the taste of something. I've been drunk enough to be hungover the next day 3x and I hated it every time, drunk enough to vomit once, and I don't get the funny floaty better more confident version of yourself thing a lot of my friends that drink get because I have this super fine tolerance line. One cider is a delicious taste, two is pushing it, three in a night even if spaced hours apart and I'm a vomiting awful mess. I'd rather just have 1 beer/cider or 1 shot or 1 cocktail for the flavors and stop there.

Likewise, I consume marijuana edibles* for two reasons: medical and fun. For medical, a CBD/THC mix reduces my migrained better than sumatriptan (faster and without the violent vomiting), and a CBN/DBC mix promotes sleep better than using 3x benadryl at a time. For fun, with sativas I get a super cool hallucinatory synaesthesia effect listening to music where piano feels like it's being played in my body directly down my spine and high strings vibrate the crown of my head, while I see colors behind closed eyes much like an old winamp/itunes visualizer effect. It's awesome.

(*all the fun, none of the bad smell of smoke and its asthma effects, I have recommendations for the pot-curious if you want to take one and have a vibe similar to after a couple drinks)

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder