View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2023-02-16, 13:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Ken, are you plotting to take over Oregon now? Is that why you've been missing so much lately?
Wow. That was weird enough that I had to read further into it! Though "faith, family, and self-reliance" are listed first as their reasons on their website, the actual motivation is usually a few levels deeper, and I think I found it:

Quote:
5. PUSHES OREGON LAW FARTHER AWAY from Idaho’s population centers: In 2020 Oregon decriminalized hard drugs, making hard drugs easily available to residents of Treasure Valley. Moving the Oregon/Idaho state line further away from Idaho population centers will reduce the ease of access and convenience of these dangerous products to those who might be tempted by them.
There we go. Gotta feed Idaho's for-profit prison system which, by idaho.gov's own documentation, imprisons a whole third of its inmate population due to drug-related charges.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.