View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2018-08-11, 16:48

While I've been not paying any attention, a new Minecraft update has dropped!

I've skimmed over some release notes on the FAQs and update pages of their wiki and subreddit. Sounds pretty nifty. Best of all, there's a bunch of turtle related content.

Based on what I've seen so far, there are some pretty extensive under-the-hood changes to the game including the world data files. If or when we want to update our old server, we'll need to be very careful with the backups and let it go through a slow one-time conversion step. I suspect I'll need to update my old texture pack for new-version compatibility too because many of the blocks and items have changed their internal names.

We should also plan to trim the world to a reasonable size again before the update, of course.

Has anyone played the new version yet? Anything fun to share? Any interest in blowing the dust off turtle's server and considering an update?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.