View Single Post
Nullpunkt

Send a message via ICQ to Nullpunkt Send a message via AIM to Nullpunkt Send a message via MSN to Nullpunkt Send a message via Yahoo to Nullpunkt  
2005-01-30, 18:46

looks like i missed a bit since the weekend began...

i honestly can't even begin to thank you all for all of the support and suggestions since i posed these questions mere days ago...

so, just to let all the great people that have helped me out these last few days know, i have heeded all your advice.

I've booted in safe mode, installed both OnyX and MacJanitor... and still the whole software update process gets about half way done (it grabs the file, expands it, and starts installing it) and then SU just peters out and "uq's"...

and perhaps i should have been more clearer as well, but i have cleanly installed each and every OS update (10.0 in 2001, 10.1 in 2003, and 10.2 in 2004) cleanly (as in i'd wipe off the entire contents of my hard drive and install the OS's from scratch and then use -combo- updates to bring everythng up to snuff, as all i really have that needed to be backed up was mp3's for iTunes...)

... and i don't have any third-party software installed or on my computer other than MSN Messenger for Mac and ICQ 3.4. (I don't trust programs like Konfabulator and the like, and have no qualms waiting for Apple to release similar products that would no doubt seem more stable) ... it's the downside to having only 20GB's for a hard drive...

i'm almost of the mindset that after these trials and tribulations that i should just take the dive and see if some software dealer (or a helpful fellow mac-head) is willing to sell a 10.3 Update disk on the (relative) cheap. (because us uni/college kids... we're not exactly rolling in the green...)

if anyone else (on top of the great select few that have helped me immensely already... on top of better understanding my ol' Gumdrop blue G3 iMac) has any suggestions/tips/tricks/advice.... i'm sincerely all ears!

thanks so much again, all...

-M-

Last edited by Nullpunkt : 2005-01-30 at 20:45.