View Single Post
Satchmo
can't read sarcasm.

2011-04-09, 11:30

This recent story of MS teaming up with Toyota, and their association with Ford got me thinking whether or not Apple would ever go down this route with another car manufacturer. There were rumours that Apple and VW were in talks a while back although I'm not sure how real that was.

Although, Apple's not known for too many joint projects, I'd love to see them develop a similar system to that of Ford's SYNC and myFord touch with VW or Audi.

Microsoft Corp and Toyota Motor Corp unveiled a plan on Wednesday to work together on bringing Internet-connected services to Toyota's cars across the world.

The world's biggest software company and the biggest automaker said they were investing about $12 million (1 billion yen) in Toyota Media Service Co, a Toyota unit that handles its digital offerings for customers.

Toyota is planning to set up a network based on Microsoft's Azure "cloud computing" platform by 2015, which would allow customers across the world access to Toyota's digital services, such as GPS, multimedia, and managing power on electric and hybrid vehicles.