View Single Post
joveblue
Veteran Member

2008-05-25, 22:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto Alvarez View Post
SSD in standard? Any FireWire or USB more? Better battery life?

What are your guesses?
I'm planning on going on a round-the-world study tour in January (HK > Dubai > London > Paris > Madrid > NY... WHOOOO!) so I'm now seriously considering buying an Air before leaving - the plane flights will be a good oppurtunity to work on my reports and I don't much fancy lugging anything much larger around the world with me, along with all the other crap I'll need!

SSD standard? Judging by the price of the current one I certainly hope not! The price of the SSD version will certainly come down but the price of the base model will be huge if they do that! Would probably be a bit surprised if there was no 128GB SSD version by the end of the year though - probably in addition to the two current models. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they bump the HDD size up to 160GB (the size of the largest iPod). For my needs, I only use around about 30GB on my current computer, so I'm not concerned about space at all - I'll take whichever option is cheapest thanks!

I'm not too sure if an Ethernet port would come in handy... I know at least one of the hotels has WiFi... A second USB port would be nice although at the moment I only tend to use a second USB port for my mouse, so 1 would probably suffice with with the extra-large multi-touch touchpad!

The thickness of the bezel around the screen annoys me slightly, so that's really about the only thing on my wishlist... I really just want a price drop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjteix
Offer only the 1.86GHz cpu (economy of scale, price difference with the 1.60GHz cpu is only $31)
Would certainly be nice, but this is a $300 BTO option on the U.S. Apple Store... where did you get $31 from? I'd certainly stick with 1.6GHz for my $300!

EDIT: Oh, and certainly wouldn't complain about a better battery life!