View Single Post
Windswept
On Pacific time

2008-05-29, 21:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by joveblue View Post
It's a marketing study tour... so we talk to senior managers and marketers from DDK (ad agency), DisneylandHK, GM Dubai, Harvey Nichols (shopping centre), BP, Vodafone, JCDecaux (another ad agency), Loreal, NBA Europe, Xanadu (another shopping centre), Zara (clothing label that we're told is massive in the Northern hemisphere), Google (NY office) and MTV. Ask them questions, sit in their boardrooms, tour their facilities, hear their strategies, etc.
That sounds just... fantastic! They seem to have an innovative business dept. at that university. I honestly can't imagine how much such a trip would cost. Does the university get a discount rate of some kind for the students signing up?

Quote:
A truly awesome opportunity, I'm so excited!
You lucky dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escher View Post
I'm looking at a trip to Europe in June (London, Brussels, Frankfurt), a possible trip to Asia in July (Manila), possibility of Switzerland in September, and definite return to Frankfurt in October. The question now is: do I (1) get a Rev.A MacBook Air now, or (2) hobble along with VPN on random computers and my BlackBerry until I can get my hands on a Rev.B MBA?

I'll have to spend my own money on the MBA. So I'm still inclined to wait for Rev.B. But there's nothing like the instant gratification of pushing the 1-click buy button on Amazon.
Sounds like you should get one *now* to me, no question about it.