View Single Post
apple007
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2008-05-31, 15:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escher View Post
That suits me just fine, apple007. What I forgot to mention in my earlier posts is that I hate the idea of having to use a dongle to connect to an Ethernet network. WiFi is abundant in cafes and other public locations. But corporate offices, where I inevitably end up when I am on a business trip, typically continue to be equipped with Ethernet-only for cost and security reasons.

So, here's my commitment. If the Rev.B MBA comes with an Ethernet port, in addition to the USB port, I will buy one the day it's introduced. This gives me a convenient excuse for holding off on an MBA. ... hopefully the wait on the Ethernet-equipped MBA will not be futile.
Unless Apple breaks from history, it seems unlikely an Ethernet port will show up on the MBA Rev.B.

I don't want to start getting flamed for being anti-MBA again, so I'll just leave it at this: I think the MBA is an amazing machine, but I wouldn't sacrifice functionality to buy one. If an Ethernet port is important to you, I wouldn't go without it just to shave two pounds off the weight of my briefcase -- two pounds someone like you might add right back anyway in the form of an external SuperDrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escher
Kind of like waiting for the US to start using the Metric system for me to seek citizenship ...
If for no other reason, Americans' love of sports will likely prevent the Metric system from being implemented in the U.S. I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.