View Single Post
¡Damned!

2015-12-05, 16:06

With the software we use to wipe, is there a difference between 'trim' and 'reset'? Reason I ask is that ever since we trimmed the 1.7 world to go to 1.8 there are a few major anomalies I noticed afterwards.

Basically, every place that was explored in 1.7, then trimmed away and regenerated, has problems in 1.8. One, the mineshafts* no longer have Cave Spider spawners. The mass of cobwebs is still there, but no spawner. Two, any desert temples that were explored in 1.7 regenerated with no chests below. Three, the same thing happened to the Nether, where fortresses we explored in 1.7 now have no chests and no Blaze spawners at all.

So, I wonder if there's a flag or something that can be deleted in order to get those things back in 1.9. There's some new chest mechanics (Loot Tables) and whatnot, plus I expect the underground to get mixed up thoroughly what with Strongholds going from 3 to 128 and igloos having basements.

*I don't know if it affects the minecart chests, and oddly I've never stumbled on a dungeon without a spawner in 1.8, so maybe they have different values or mechanics or whatever.

There's a few Desert Temples out near the Dropper. Probably visit those to see if chests appeared.

So it goes.