View Single Post
HOM
The Elder™

2004-07-12, 11:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBand0026
You remember how secret they managed to keep the original iMac. Not a soul except for SJ and like 9 other people knew about it
Well, Apple was leaking information on 'Columbus' which was Apple's rumored reentry into set top computing. It was going to be a Pipin like machine that plugged into the TV when that was the analyst darling of the day. There were even sketches based on what 'insiders' had seen.

I'm sure all that is going to be said about the new iMacs is as follows:
Quote:
We had planned for the current suply of iMacs to be in the channel until the end of August, but demand was strong. Like we said on our web site, we'll have more information about the new iMac in September.
And that will be it. All other questions about the current iMac or future iMac will be rebuffed.

Personally, I'm interested to see what the iPod unit shipments are and if they surpass Mac shipments for the quarter. In the same vein, I would like to hear about iPod market share and revenue share with similar numbers for iTMS. Also, I would like to hear some color on Apple's HPC initiatives and Xserve RAID penetration into non-OSX installations.

CARTHAGO DELENDA EST

¡Viva La Revolucion!