View Single Post
cogarret

2005-05-10, 20:07

I just switched from a PC and am now importing all of my photos (I have a few thousand). On my PC I had them all organized in different folders that were named according to what was in their respective folders. Now that I want to migrate the photos to my new powerbook, i am running into some kinks. For example, I don't understand why when i import photos into iPhoto, the source file of the photos are then sorted by date in the Finder/Pictures/iPhoto Library instead of by the name of the folder that i imported into iPhoto. I don't have trouble finding the photos in iPhoto, but if i want to locate them in the finder, it is near impossible (if they are only saved by date in the finder). So if i wanted to add a picture as an attachment to a message in my Gmail account, i would have to find the picture i wanted in iPhoto, determine the file name, and then find it in the Finder and attach it. I want to be able to organize my photos by folder name in the finder, but still view them in iPhoto without having duplicate folders on my hard drive. I hope my ramblings make sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
P.S. I am running tiger and have a 1 week old PB.