View Single Post
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2007-01-07, 00:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs View Post
It takes the normal patterns and variances, and magnifies them / makes them much worse. So while it's possible this same winter could've occurred before the industrial revolution, in exactly the way it's happening now in exactly the same places and same number of places, is very unlikely.

This is something that's man-made. Call it by whatever theoretical name you want; our way of life in the industrialized world, is having negative effects on our climate and ecology worldwide.
I agree with you, I am just saying that I think to bang on the global warming drum as causing this is irresponsible. It is playing a part yes, it's shitty yes, it isn't going to be like this and worse every year from now on. It is going to get slightly worse every year, but this isn't a new norm, that is all I am saying. Global warming is serious, bad, and happening I know. We hopefully have a chance to try and curb our destruction of the Earth before we end up like Venus, but I feel that your over emphasizing the cause from the effect. I think the man-made bad weather now is really just a little worse than it would have been naturally.

It comes down to we disagree to the severity of how much global warming is effecting us right now. And I'm done.