View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2020-11-10, 15:39

A few thoughts:

7-core and 8-core GPU options on the Air sounds… a lot like the A12X and A12Z? Probably a coincidence, though.

My prediction that they'd keep some Intel models around was correct; both the 13-inch Pro and mini can still be bought with x86. Makes sense.

The Mac mini no longer has a 10 GigE option (it's still there if you pick the Intel model). I guess they're repositioning it again? It also starts a little lower again at $699.

I'm increasingly annoyed by these presentations. They need a new editor for them. Craig was pretty good, Laura(?) and John were OK, Johny just felt… insulting. If you're not gonna show actual numbers, why keep showing those unlabeled charts? We get it, they're faster and more power-efficient, but that entire presentation could've boiled down to those two bullet points. I don't understand whom that segment was for. It was too nerdy for almost anyone watching, but also devoid of information for those interested.