View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-09-28, 11:55

I typically spend a few hours a week. I haven't done any major projects though. So it's kinda like I run around and do basic crop tending and that kind of thing. I need to work a project though.

Edit: I'm also going to add that the server has really lacked any major playing for a while. So many players have stopped playing on this server for a varying number of reasons. At one point I was questioning leaving the server running.

So with that questioning going on I came the the very real conclusion, I'm not taking the server down in the remote near future at all. Sure I'm paying for it to run and the internet connection to it. However, I love being able to do this and allow those to come and go as they please without obligation. Kinda like AN. It isn't the wild place it was back with ThinkSecret and the Apple of old, but it's still a place where we can come and meet. I see the AN server the same way. I even jump to try to fix it if it ever crashes for any reason even though few players would ever notice.

At one point I was going to grep the logs and get an total hours logged in count but figured I had no reason to. I'm going to leave the server running anyway.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2015-09-28 at 14:02. Reason: Wanted to say more..without proofreading. :p