View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2010-07-21, 14:31

@pscates: What I don't get is campaign bumper stickers. If you want to "show your support" with a mass-produced vinyl logo, be my guest, but why on earth would you not take them off after the election? Especially if your candidate lost?

I still see a bunch of McCain/Palin '08! bumper stickers out there. I don't get it. Are they trying to convince people to go back in time and change their votes? And before anyone says anything, I feel the same way about Kerry/Edwards '04! stickers, though I don't see very many of those (they're far outnumbered by people who still have their W04 stickers on their bumpers, for whatever reason).

I mean, it's been six years.

I "get" that it's probably some sort of subversive thing, a way of saying, "well, Obama may have won the election, but I still don't like him!" And that's fine, but if it were me I would at least swap the bumper sticker out for something that is a bit more relevant or communicative, and not just two people's names.

But I'm not really a bumper sticker person, so...

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong

Last edited by Robo : 2010-07-21 at 14:44.