View Single Post
Windswept
On Pacific time

2007-04-22, 17:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot View Post
Those wireless things aren't common there? Our pizza guys in town have wireless devices that you use on your doorstep for debit or credit card use.

If someone is dedicated enough to be behind my house intercepting the signals, he deserves a few bucks. Not like I won't get it back anyway.

To my knowledge, I've never signed for a credit purchase on a wireless device.

But maybe that's partly because I've always paid the pizza delivery guy with cash.

Speaking of cash, has anyone noticed lately that a lot of American paper currency just seems *really* grungy? Ugh. So many bills seem filthy and on the verge of disintegration.

If you happen to know that 60% of the currency is contaminated with E. coli bacteria, that makes handling those beat-up bills even ickier.

And, no, I'm not an obsessive 'neat-freak' type of person. I just don't remember American currency being quite this grungy in past years. Maybe it always 'was' though, and somehow I just never noticed.

I 'have' noticed that I always get the grungiest change from McDonald's. Just one more reason not to go there, I guess.