Thread: Mac Pro Pricing
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-02-27, 10:45

You’re rolling it wrong.

The $400(!) wheels for the new Mac Pro don’t have any sort of locking feature.

While I realize wheeled models aren’t likely to be placed on desks, you just know there will be some hapless schmo who does so and returns from lunch to see his new tower on the floor, lying on its side, with sparks and smoke coming out of it.

Nice one, Apple. Tell me, is that a Jony Ive special?

“We didn’t want the pristine circular form to be interrupted. The beauty of these wheels is in the unobstructed discovery of a wandering Mac Pro. So pure in its simplicity. It’s one of the best products we’ve ever made...”.

On the bright side, for those who didn’t feel quite bent-over enough at the prospect of a $1,000 display stand, you can shell out $400 for the privilege of chasing your new workstation around the room.

Think different, indeed. Any lame-ass PC owner can have a workstation that just sits in one place.

I’d love to be a fly on the wall at Apple hardware support!

“So what seems to be the problem today, Mr. Randall?”

“The problem, dickwit, is that you don’t sell a deluxe $600 set of wheels that, oh I don’t know...LOCK?!? But no worries...the box these $400 wheels come in also make a fine little stop-block...if you squint, it’s almost elegant! BTW, tell that Jony fella to go fu....”

*click*

Apple. We’re Just Trolling You People At This Point. And You’ll Like It.