View Single Post
El Gallo
Formerly “MumboJumbo”

2016-10-31, 09:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca View Post
https://medium.com/charged-tech/appl...89b#.qu4kule9y

Just came across this in reaction to the new MacBook Pros with the touch bar. Seems to hit on a lot of the same points that have been brought up in this thread. The biggest thing for me is it seems like they're trying to arrive somewhere with all their changes to ports and stuff, but I don't know where they're going and in the meantime you have to buy a million dongles to make things work together. Even if you buy brand new everything today, you need extra adapters.
This paragraph in that article is just devastating when you think about it.

Quote:
Why can’t you plug the Lightning headphones that come in the iPhone box into the new Mac? Why doesn’t the iPhone come with the right cable for the new MacBook Pro? Why doesn’t Apple make a screen that properly works with its own devices? Why did Apple highlight how great the Touch Bar is for Messaging, but didn’t even port most of the new iMessage features to macOS properly? Do I have to carry two pairs of headphones now? How do I charge my Lightning cable mouse? Why remove the HDMI port, a standard that’s still incredibly popular for plugging into TVs? Why remove the SD card, a popular slot for… creatives using cameras?