Thread: Wi-Fi woes
View Single Post
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2007-07-13, 17:59

I've been having some issues today. My MacBook normally has no issues whatsoever connecting to my wireless network, but today, every 3 or 4 minutes or so, I have to manually reconnect to the network by selecting it in the menu bar. I tried using Windows for an hour or so, and it appeared to have no problems at all. Neither does my Mac Mini which is further from the router. I even sat next to the router and still had the same problem.

Necessary info
  • I have a Buffalo AirStation WYR-G54.
  • I use WEP
  • MacBook 1.83GHz. 1.25GB RAM, 10.4.10

I have tried using Interference Robustness, and, I have selected my network as the preferred network.

I think it might have something to do with one of my neighbours' networks. Every time I lose the connection, a new network appears in the list, but it disappears when I connect to mine. It has the delightful name of 'FuckOfYouLeachingCunts' sic. I've only found this network the last few days. It's certainly not been around long. I can also see another network called 'Gandalf' (one of my other neighbours obviously has a LOTR fetish).

Hope that's enough info

Thanks.