View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-10-15, 01:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
You are comparing IKEA to Walmart?
No, I'm comparing IKEA to anything else at anywhere near the same price points, which is only fair. IOW, a $2,000 Nelson desk being of higher quality than a $200 IKEA one doesn't necessarily reflect poorly on the IKEA desk. One would expect the Nelson to be of higher quality, and of course I'd rather have the Nelson, but I don't have $4,000 to spend on my workstation (oh, if I did...).

I've never had anything from IKEA break on me. The closest is that my spare pillow got lumpy. Maybe you're just a klutz

It's not like I'm madly in love with IKEA or something, but saying that everything they make is crap is just not at all accurate, in my experience. Please, do tell me where I should have gotten my furniture. I'd love to know.

(To save you the trouble, used options aren't very appealing when you have a very small space to work with and need to maximize the space, or when you're trying to have any sort of cohesive design scheme, or when you're trying to plan what you're going to buy ahead of time, or...)

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong