View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-08-07, 09:27

So I have to pull this thread back from the dead because we finally got an IKEA in Tidewater. My wife and I went there to buy a speaker for our kitchen and look around.

I FORGOT HOW BIG THAT PLACE IS!

I should have started my "Indoor Walking" workout on my Watch to get credit for all the walking we did. I love how at the halfway point there is a restaurant so you can sit down to eat and recover from the first half. Sadly we didn't budget enough time for that. We ended up getting to the restaurant right when they closed and then only had 30 minutes to make it through the rest of the store, which is the whole bottom half.

We of course bought more than the speaker but it was really nice when my wife helped me realize why they are laid out the way they are. The have the showrooms set up with all these little things that if you just saw on a shelf you'd never consider buying it. Once you see it as part of a room though... that is when you really notice it and can envision it in your place.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.