View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2019-08-25, 16:43

I’ve been thinking about getting one of these. They’ve become super popular in Portland, it’s like a new religion. Bri showed me a blueprint for a new apartment building where each unit had a dedicated Peloton room. Like, it says right on the blueprint, “PELOTON.” That sort of brand equity is just wild to me.

Like Tesla, I wouldn’t be surprised if Apple ends up owning ‘em.

We moved to the ‘burbs last year so we don’t have a gym in our apartment building any more. Our old apartment had a gym for its tenants and there was a spin class in one of the retail spaces on the ground floor, it was the best. I have access to a gym at work and I told myself I was gonna be one of those up-at-five people who have a great workout in the morning but I…haven’t been making the most of it. It’s hard to get there before the day starts and afterwards I just want to go home, and since it’s before my commute home the gym there still feels like “being at work” in a way the old spin class didn’t. Also, the showers suck and I’m a delicate flower and like showering in my rainwater shower at home. But I know I need to do more cardio…

A few years ago I dismissed Pelotons as Juicero-style playthings for Silicon Valley tech bros with too much money. But now I kind of, like, want one? What has happened to me

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong