View Single Post
Splutterbug

2006-10-31, 10:55

Making the switch from my ageing Windows machine (Pentium 3, and a monitor that makes everything look a nice shade of black).

I was waiting for the macbook upgrade but with pro upgrade last week I'm sold. My only question now is what do I get. I'm looking at getting the 2.16 and upgrading the hard drive to 160gb, my thinking is the RAM will be easier to upgrade later on myself than the hard drive would be (Is that true?). If I were to upgrade the RAM as well now I may as well pay the extra pennies and get the 2.33.

Also graphics cards, I was planning on the macbook and waiting for better intergrated graphics but now that I'm taking the plunge what can't I do with the 128mb card. I'm after using Final cut, photoshop, and playing around with after effects to learn but not use seriously, (would all of these run on a gig of RAM or would it be painfull).

Any help would be good or links to any reviews online yet, I hear the 160gb hard drive is perpendicular but I have no idea what this means or if it's a good thing!