View Single Post
¡Damned!

2014-09-12, 21:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Bukkit isn't dead, but CraftBukkit is essentially a zombie. I'm guessing it will be for months, if not just tossing the project into the pyre while Mojang continues to build their own API. It will be incredibly hurtful to the server community in the meantime. Even if Mojang and the developer come to terms, the door is open now. Basically anyone can issue a DMCA takedown against servers that distribute this mix (or, .jar) as long as they've contributed to the code.

It's DMCA gone wrong (and used correctly, ironically), and if it didn't affect me so much I'd love to be watching on the sidelines on how this all plays out.
So, more Bukkit developers and support are now leaving in droves, so it looks like the end. Sad. There's a lot of blame to go around, so I don't want to point an angry finger or 3 at the moment, but yeesh, just sad.

Looks like we'll be going native when we go to 1.8. Which is OK. Though, I think I'll miss /repair the most… /pours a drop on the floor /sheds one tear.

Hubbub is that a lot of the mod creators are heading over to Sponge. We'll see. It's early and those people are heady and high-fiving each other off of some slight they think they gave Mojang - who could give zero shits about them at this point.

So it goes.