View Single Post
Ryan
Veteran Member

2021-09-21, 19:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
All these restaurants - fast food and sitdown alike - all have these programs and points and apps and stuff to sign up for (with all your info).

How about, instead, just shut up and give me a hamburger or burrito without all the fuss and production, and wanting to “know” me? I don’t participate/belong to any of those things, but I still get asked or shilled on it at places.

With the way so many of these outfits are dropping the ball, I’m not about to sign up for your Burger Baron Rewards Bonanza, with my name, address, phone number and email kept so carelessly and winding up who-knows-where.

I just want food. I don’t need to be a points-earning, app-tracked TacoTitan or whatever. I give you $5, you (without any marketing pitch or canned spiel) hand me some food. That’s as far as it needs to go, honestly.
Those showed up everywhere here in 2018/19, but they seem to have quietly disappeared at lots of smaller places. The chains etc still have them (and presumably their corporate motherships have the IT chops to actually run those programs) but the local places have given up AFAICT. One of the coffee places I go to gave up on the fancy system and just went back to a "buy 10 coffees get 1 free" old-fashioned punch card.