View Single Post
Matsu
Veteran Member

2020-12-31, 17:14

We just got Fitbits (I know the man is now watching my health metrics, but phuck it, I'm getting too old to care). Who ever thought up that 10,0000 steps and 10 flights of stairs constitutes a healthy amount of movement. I do that just chasing my kids and doing daily crap around the house, and I'm not in any kind of shape, unless soft and doughy count. Luckily I'm still plenty strong from lots of weight training over the years, but I'm an aerobic mess. Recovery time is in the toilet, and if any area is suffering from general laziness and poor habits, it's my lower back and legs, precisely where you don't want to be losing strength as you get older, and also the shittiest part of a work out. I don't like it , but a he-man grip is sort of worthless if I can't haul myself up the stairs. Still, I hate leg days. I'm wondering if I can maybe get what I need out of an airbike and a rower. Just alternately get on either one for 6-20 minutes and go all out every couple of hours, every day. I'm probably working from home until the fall, it seems, so, it's doable... I can lift weights and try some yoga for all the rest