View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-01-25, 12:35

I can fully understand tons of pics of loved ones, pets, places, moments, etc. It was a bit more of a process, 15-20+ years ago to take, and organize, pics vs. now. I certainly regret not having as many photos of some people (and pets) from 20+ years ago that are no longer in my life.

It's those with hundreds, if not thousands, of photos of themselves on their phones that blow my mind.

How narcissistic and self-absorbed do some people want to be?!

Cringe...

And when Apple, via their yearly hardware/software advances and improvements, plays in that sandbox to facilitate new levels of vanity and attention-whoredom, I die a little inside.

"Tim, these chicks don't need any further assistance and tools in the Look-At-Me-Me-Me-and-Validate-My-Existence-and-Worthâ„¢ sweepstakes. Knock it off and redirect Apple's resources toward more noble pursuits...adopting LGBTQ polar bears or something, I don't know. Something a bit more on the 'worthwhile' side of things?"

Yeah, maybe people were always like this (I don't believe that at all), but simply lacked the means to broadcast their vanity and narcissism to all corners of the world, within seconds. But, thanks to the smartphone/mobile broadband/social media era, that problem has finally been solved!

Yay.

That Warhol guy had it partly right..."in the future, everyone will be an attention/compliment-chasing wannabe pinup model for 15 years."

Close enough.