View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2021-03-04, 21:39

100% Firefox here too on macOS, iOS, and Linux. I'm very much not a fan of letting Google own the web more than it already does, and I have much greater confidence that I can secure and control my data and privacy with Firefox. The Google telemetry hooks are deep and pervasive in Chrome and difficult to find and disable. Multiple whole project forks of Chrome exist just to try to detach the tether from the mothership. Did I mention I also use DuckDuckGo for web search on every device within my reach instead of Google?

(Yes, Firefox on iOS is just another WebKit wrapper, but I prefer its tab management over plain Safari.)

Safari on the desktop is just a neat toy to me. It's reasonably fast. It's a fine inoffensive default. Its customizability leaves much to be desired. I try it out for a day or so whenever there's a major update, and then I inevitably go back to Firefox.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.