Thread: iMac 2021
View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-05-18, 10:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
I am going to require a line of coloured t-shirts that will allow me to virtue-signal my ownership of the M1 iMac to the outside world.
Not gonna lie… if someone who ships to Germany (and I don't mean ships for $80) makes a series of t-shirts, I'm tempted to buy all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
PS - Yeah, Jason Snell snuck in a pic of that upside-down charging mouse every chance he got. That made me chuckle. It is weird that Apple couldn't put that Lightning charging port in the front, where a normal wired mouse cable would go, so once could actually still use the thing while charging.
I imagine it's a function-follows-form thing. Someone wanted the mouse to be as thin as possible, and that meant thinner than a Lightning port + charging PCB. So, someone else had to work around that requirement by putting charging on the bottom.

Luckily, I don't really care since the Magic Trackpad is the superior input method anyway. (I'm bummed the Space Grey one is going away, but maybe it'll be replaced by whatever set of colors the higher-end Macs get?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
That's just going to be one of those things like the Apple logo being upside-down on those older G3(?) PowerBooks back in the day. Something goofy that should've been corrected immediately, but manages to hang around for years.
Hey, don't remind us that the backlit logo is gone.