Thread: iMac 2021
View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-05-27, 16:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Nobody cares about the cabling (a rarely, if ever, seen power cable?). You'll see, what...10-15", at most, before it waterfalls over the back side of your desk?
I guess.

But "The back of this thing looks better than the front of the other guys, by the way," is literally a line from the original iMac introduction, so this, too, kind of gets us back to the roots.

When buying major items for your place like furniture and appliances, yeah, the back technically doesn't matter as much as it's rarely seen, but you don't want it to look terrible either?

Quote:
And the lightning one which many probably won't even use? Yeah, those could've just been left white/light grey/whatever (especially the far-more-important power cable).
But why? I think having a colored Lightning cable is cute.

(I also think making them braided or doing something, anything about the fraying problem is good. I hope the braiding helps here. I can't be the only one who eats through Apple Lightning cables?)

Quote:
What Apple is going to call "attention to detail" and "getting the little things right" (so people like Gruber can tug it over 38 paragraphs), I'm going to call an unasked-for pain-in-the-ass on the parts/service front, and something that never had to happen (but will, guaranteed).
Yeah, but it can be… both.