View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2015-09-06, 14:43

Since we're on the subject (kinda), can anyone here give me a sensible, reasonable price that I should be asking for my phone when I go to sell it next week (or, realistically, once Chattanooga gets reliable stock of the 6s, which should be early October if the past few years are anything to go by)?

- iPhone 5
- AT&T
- silver/white faceplate
- 32GB
- Excellent condition (minor scuffs/chinking on the rear-only chamfer). No scratches or gouges, not chipped finish, etc.
- The screen is PERFECT: no scratches, never been broken/replaced, no gouges, no dead pixels or lines, etc.
- All original packaging, paperwork, Apple stickers, charger, Lightning cable, earbuds and the iPhone itself

but, best of all:
- It went in last month for the iPhone 5 sleep/wake button repair program, where, in addition to the sleep/wake button being replaced, according to the paperwork, the battery (076-00006) and camera (076-00007) were replaced. That's a $79 thing (the battery). And it came at a great time because in its 33rd or so month, I was noticing that expected drain and inability to stay charged like before. But since I got it back (July 24) it's like a new iPhone in terms of battery performance.

What would you ask for it, if the above was yours?

A quick glance at my local Craigslist (and surrounding areas), I see quite a few 32GB iPhone 5 models going for $300. I guess it's a matter of finding that right person who prefers to buy off-contract, etc. That's who I sold my iPhone 4 to in October 2012 (for $200, two years after I paid $199 for it in fall of 2010).