View Single Post
davidbaldwin

2006-02-27, 23:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmexico
I don't agree with the original post. The pay per show format is good in small quantities, but I do not believe people would want to pay for each show every time they watch tv. In fact, I heard a stat once that says the average viewer of the weather channel watches for 30 min at a time. No one watches intently for 30 min. People turn it to this channel and leave it there while they are working around the house for a half an hour. By buying each show, you can no longer casually watch tv...you paid for it, you better watch it. Most people enjoy flipping through channels, and like the fact that it feels "free" to watch tv on a sunday afternoon. If apple did a DVR type device, they could potentially make it so that you cannot fast forward through commercials.
Saying something like that just makes you look stupid.
You obviosly did not read the original post...
but, just in cause you did and you misunderstood (which theres nothing wrong with that, because I do it all the time), let me rephrase...

This service would not be "OnDemand Pay-Per-View" it would be an OnDemand Subscription....
You can think of this as kinda like the Napster-to-Go Service, but For TV, with Anyshow availbile to Download and Any Live broadcast availible.
I put in the original post that this service would most likely cost $69 for EVERY Broadcast (think of it as having EVERY channel, plus original episodes no longer broadcasted for 1 price), and maybee having the HD Broadcasts costing $10 more.

This is NOT a PPV model where, Like iTunes, you have to Pay for everyshow.....
even though this isn't a PPV model, a PPV model has been pretty successful on iTunes...
but, I agree with you, nobody would like that because yes, I like watching the weather channel for 5 minutes let alone 30 minutes.

Since I searched Google and around 80-90% of US households have Cable or Satilite TV, I suppose for the 10-20% of Americans it is "Free", but ESPN cant be free.

WHY THE HELL would someone BUY a DVR that would NOT let them skip through the commercials?
HELL NO!
Thats why I Love DVR..
I only have to watch the Funny commericals!

-Baldwin