View Single Post
zippy
Veteran Member

2007-08-03, 11:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboman View Post
I think it depends. If an internal drive really wouldn't add any size or weight, then sure, why not.

But I'm pretty sure that isn't the case.

I vote external - preferably, a super-sleek, bus-powered, Apple-designed external.
See, I'm convinced that eliminating the internal optical really won't make the unit much lighter or smaller, nor will they be able to boost performance or battery life substantially enough to make a difference. There's only so many processor selections that can fit in a case that small and not burn a hole through your table. And face it, Apple has been challenged enough in this area with their larger notebooks that I don't think it's wise for them to 'push the envelope' anymore.

As I said in another thread, if someone can point me to a sub-compact notebook that is on par with the Sony TX or TZ series ala size and weight, but that has any improvements in battery/processing by eliminating the optical drive, then I may believe it. I don't think such a product exists.

Do you know where children get all of their energy? - They suck it right out of their parents!