Thread: iPhone 2015 :D
View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2014-09-21, 01:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
Just saying you're a fringe customer who demands a small display, but premium everything else. I'd understand if you were suggesting ways to increase the screen size on a 4S sized device, such as shrinking its chins and moving the home button to the back.
I wouldn't mind a smaller bezel. Home button on the back sounds like a terrible idea. But, sure, you want suggestions based on the unproven assertion that they're making the iPhones bigger because they need more space — make them less anorexic. That way, you can fit a bigger battery in it. Everything else hasn't actually increased in size (see below).

In any case, I'm OK with the 5S — I just can't grip it anywhere near as well as the 4S, despite my rather large hands, and excuse me for considering that a deterioration. Whereas I never needed a case for the 3G and 4S because they rarely fell to the floor (and when they did, it was merely a scratch on the back), the 5S fell on concrete thrice within its first few months, simply because I can't grip it quite as well. The non-sticky metal back (rather than the 4S's glass) doesn't help. It only means a few scratches on the edges, but I still don't have to like it.

And, as usability goes, typing feels harder on it, because I can no longer easily lock it inside my hands using index and little fingers while typing with the thumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
You want a faster processor and more RAM? Maybe you should compromise on screen size then. Like Anand and virtually everyone else, my usage habits have changed since the original iPhone came out. My display size preferences have changed too.
Actually, do consider going back to Anand, because turns out the A8 is actually smaller than A5, A6 and A7, i.e. both the 4S's and 5S's processor. Since it ships with the same amount of RAM as the 5S, I see no reason to believe why the 6's RAM would take up more space. The upcoming LPDDR4 will surely shrink it a little again.