Thread: iPhone 2015 :D
View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2014-09-21, 20:30

Regarding the future of the 4" form factor: it's worth remembering that until last week, the most popular phone in the world had a 4" display, so clearly some people like it. There's a good discussion of this on the latest Talk Show. And let's not forget the half of the population that tend to have smaller hands—I know several women who think anything larger than a 4" iPhone is just too big, and Internet Hero Brianna Wu has voiced the same opinion on her Twitter as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
As far as naming goes, I doubt they ever officially append calendar years to product names. The two low-end iPhones being sold today would be both be "2013" models and still need additional designations. I see the next round along these lines:

iPhone 5C (possible silent update to 5S level innards)
iPhone 6 mini (4" screen, A8 processor, 16/32/64GB storage, new colors)
iPhone 6S (4.7", A9 processor, 32/64/128GB storage, new colors)
iPhone 6S Plus (5.5", A9 processor, 32/64/128GB storage, new colors)

It's ugly, but not really worse than iPhone Plus 2015, iPhone 2015, iPhone mini 2015 and iPhone 2014/2013. It's still better than "Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch by Sprint."
If you read my post, I wasn't saying I thought Apple would call next year's iPhone "iPhone 2015." I think they should call it "iPhone" or "iPhone 7." I only titled the thread this way because we don't know what next year's iPhone will be called, and "Next Year's iPhone" wouldn't date well.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong