View Single Post
findgwyn

2005-10-16, 07:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfury77
great idea! do the new-spec versions still have processor speed 1.42 on the sticker of the box? I want to buy a new-spec mac mini from the apple store in regent street, london. has anyone managed to get one from there?
I actually bought a Mac mini from the Regent Street store 2 weeks ago and a couple of days later saw the posts about the silent upgrade.

I returned it (which they did quite happily) and spoke with the manager about the upgrade. He was kind enough to actually check the highest numbered serial numbers they had against the web site, as described above, and unfortunately none of them came up with the updated spec. He also called California to confirm the spec change which they did, grudgingly.

Unfortunately he also said that they had a reasonable number in stock and probably wouldn't get refreshed stock for a while. He suggested trying the online store. I called them and they totally refused to confirm the upgraded specs, so guess you are taking the lucky dip option there.

However the delay did mean that I now have a 20" iMac (iSight) on order... so guess Apple and I will do well out of the deal!